Spring Youth Mountain Bike Team 2016
Wednesdays, Eastern Civic Center, April – June
Junior Off Road cycling practices and rides.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from April 5th until June 21st.
4:00pm to 5:00pm
Twice a week during the months of April, May and June a USAC/CCAP trained coach will lead a progressive Junior Off Road Series to help teach and inspire cyclists in a fun and welcoming environment.
A variety of topics will be covered and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Basic Bike Handling Skills
- Group Riding Etiquette, Skills, and Drills
- Proper nutrition on and off the bike
- Trail Riding Skills
- Team Racing Technique: An introduction to team tactics and mock race
- Participation in a calendar of USAC sanctioned MTB race races and other organized cycling events (Optional)
- Cyclists need to bring their own bicycles(no road bikes) and helmets to each session.
The first session will start at the Eastern Greenwich Civic Center parking lot, 90 Harding Rd, Old Greenwich. For all other sessions, please look out for emails from Coach Clare regarding the venue each week. Below is an address to put into your GPS for the parking lot where we meet when at Mianus River Park. Please park in the upper lot by the barn so that when the youth hop on their bikes they are not warming up near the road where there is some traffic.